Was born on May 25, 1979 in Moscow (Russia).
He is a Russian mathematician, professor of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Doctor of Physical and Mathematical Sciences.
In 1999 he graduated from the Independent University of Moscow, in 2000 he graduated fromthe Faculty of Mechanics and Mathematics, Lomonosov Moscow State University.
In 2002 he received his post-graduate degree at the Faculty of Mechanics and Mathematics of MSU, and defended his thesis "The Bracket Structure in Knot Theory”, his scientific advisor being Academician of RAS Anatoly Timofeevich Fomenko, and the leading organization - Moscow State Pedagogical University.
In 2008 he defended his doctoral thesis "Geometry and Combinatorics of Virtual Knots", specialty "00.01.04 - Geometry and Topology", leading organization being Sobolev Institute of Mathematics, Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
Since 1999, Vasiliy Olegovich has been giving a variety of lectures atthe Faculty of Mechanics and Mathematics of Moscow State University. His courses include "Knot Theory", "Invariants and Images." Since 2014 he has been as aprofessor at Bauman Moscow State Technical University. Since 2016 he has been a professor at the Russian Academy of Sciences. He has taught and supervised two candidates of sciences.
V.O. Manturov has been in charge of numerous conferences on knot theory and low-dimensional topology (in Germany, Russia, China). In 2000 he organized a seminar on "Knots and Representation Theory" at the Faculty of Mechanics and Mathematics, Moscow State University, and up to the moment he is responsible for the seminar. Together with Academician A.T. Fomenko he directs the seminar "On the Tensor and Vector Analysis" at MSU. Vasiliy Olegovich is the managing editor of "Journal of Knot Theory and Its Ramifications". Author of 6 monographs:
• V.O. Manturov "Lectures on the Theory of Knots and their Invariants", Moscow, URSS Publ., 2001.
• V.O. Manturov "Knot Theory", RKhD Publ., 2005.
• V.O. Manturov "Virtual Knots. The Present State of the Theory", RKhD Publ., 2010.
• V.O. Manturov «Knot Theory», CRC Publ., 2004.
• V.O. Manturov, D.P. Ilyutko, Virtual Knots «The State of The Art», World Scientific Publishing Co, 2013
• V.O. Manturov, D.P. Ilyutko, I.M. Nikonov «Parity and Patterns in Low-Dimensional Topology», Cambridge Scientific Publishers England, 2015
Total number of publications - 130.